Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Search Begins...

Here I am again. Every year, around this time, I begin the search... the search to find my next living situation. For the last six years that I have lived in Bowling Green, I have lived in a different place. I know more about property managers, old houses, and apartment complexes than I care to know about. But, this year is no different, I'm searching again.

This time I will only have one roomie, my new dear friend, Katie Barnett. We've talked about what we both want in a place to live. We share the desire to love and serve our friends in our home through the avenue of entertaining. So last week I started looking around and seeing what is available for rent. I made a couple of calls to different property managers and landlords who some of my friends rent from, no availabilities til August. Shucks.... we need a place in late May. So I turned to the Sentinel, something about going through a private owner instead of a business or whatever, is just way more attractive to me. I honestly think that private owners care more about the property, the well-being of the home, the tenants that they lease to, and everything in between.

So I checked out a few different places this week, and I told Katie I'd report back to her with anything that I thought she'd like. One place was cool, kind of spacious for just two people, and the gas bills could have been a bit too much. This other place smelled like cats and stale smoke, similar to my great aunt Clara's home, so a definite no. But then, there was this really cool place I just saw this afternoon, I liked it a lot. It's an vintage victorian style house on Main Street in BG, it's a duplex, and the upstairs apartment is available for rent. Two spacious bedrooms, large living area, big bathroom, and cozy kitchen with an upstairs porch to relax on.

I met the landlords this afternoon, and they are the cutest couple ever. Really neat characters, and I can tell that they care about the property after I talked to them. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up about it.... but I really hope that this apartment works out, and Katie likes it. She's out of town until next week, so between now and then I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed, hoping that they don't rent it out to someone else in the mean time.

I hope that this stage of life, transitioning from place to place, stops soon. I really hope that wherever it is that I move to next, that I am there for awhile. I'm tired of moving, it's exhausting, and not my cup of tea. So we shall see. That's all that's really new for me though. I'll be sure to keep you all posted on what happens next.

No new updates on Stella, except I think that she'll be coming to the Women's Weekend. :)
yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment