Tuesday, April 5, 2011

here's the equation... the beautiful equation.


day 23.
wow. i honestly have no freaking clue how Amy is wearing the same dress for six months straight. i feel like that is so crazy. as i'm getting ready some mornings, i stare at my hoodies and jeans and yearn for their comfort.... i miss them. and then when i turn and look at my grey dress, sometimes i cringe... knowing what the weight of it means each day.

another day wearing the dress, just marks another day of young girls being traded into the sex trafficking industry. the weight is heavy.


i owe a lot to this dress though, i will say that. well... not just the dress actually, the book Captivating as well.... and yes - the Holy Spirit of course. so, i guess what i'm saying is, the perfect equation including these three factors, has given me a sum that i never would have imagined would have been the outcome. and i love it.

here's the equation:
1 dress 1 month + Captivating by John & Stasi Eldridge +the Holy Spirit = ???? the sum ????

1 dress 1 month
the one dress campaign, a project created to raise awareness for the Daughter Project as well as the organized crime of sex trafficking and child exploitation happening within our midst. i'm wearing one dress, yes the same grey dress, for one month, yep... that's 30 days. me, wearing a dress for a month straight? yes - this is a fact. it's been interesting, and i've had to be creative nonetheless. just check out my facebook.

Captivating by John & Stasi Eldridge
ok, so i'm not going to go into magnificent detail on this one, but basically i love this book! this is my second time reading it, and it's so good this time around! learning more about God's creation in women, that we are the crown of His creation, that we are beautiful, that we are a treasure to be cherished, that He is our ultimate romancer and lover with such a tender and warm heart.

the Holy Spirit
need i say more?

all of those things added in one equation...
=
a renewed heart and spirit in me. an attitude that is worthy of what my Creator is offering me. He helped me regain my femininity and really relish in my beauty as a woman through these things.... and through it, i've found such a solid delight in seeing that i am a beautiful woman, that i can embrace my femininity.

to all of my girlfriends out there, i encourage you to really dwell in a place where you will be able to allow the Lord to speak into your life and reveal your beauty to you. it's life altering once you realize just how beautiful you really are.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this, Ash! Super excited to get to that point in my life. You are such an encouragement. Thank you for loving Jesus as much as you do! love,
    Mads

    ReplyDelete