Sunday, February 6, 2011

Micah goes to Meijer.

After a few months of abandoning my blog, I can proudly say that I am back! I had a bit of some encouragement from a good friend and fellow blogger, that helped me put some perspective back into my blogging adventures. So here I am, ready or not! ;)

So the Super Dee-Duper Bowl is today, yeah... big deal. I honestly have no idea who is even playing, nor do I care quite frankly. However, I will say this, I am so excited about the post game! Glee will be making it's Season 2 Volume 2 debut after the game, and I am stoked! I've been waiting for this moment for two months! Yes, seriously! It's going to be fabulous, and I cannot wait. Also, it will be fun to celebrate in the festivities with some close and dear friends.

Since my last post, I do have some updates. You'll be happy to know that I was accepted to Grad School at BGSU!! Woo-hoo! I'll be starting this coming fall, so August of 2011, and I cannot wait! It's going to be awesome! Totally ready to get back to the books, wow... I honestly never thought that I would say that! :)

This morning at Brookside, our Church family did something really cool. We ended early and headed to Meijer to contribute to the needs of a local food pantry here in Bowling Green. It was awesome! Well over 200 people from Brookside were storming the aisles of the store filling our carts full of goods to fill the empty cabinets and shelves of families and children within this community who are in desperate need of food. Our church filled over 6 truck loads of grocery needs for the food pantry. As this beautiful chaos was going on, my friend (and fellow B-sider) Holly and I were asked to help watch over the little kiddos as they too carried their purchases to the trucks.

Check this out: The children in our Children's Ministry collectively pulled their moneys together to also contribute to our Church's mission in giving to the food pantry. As the kids were checking out at the register (with help from a parent of course), I had the chance to ask them some questions about what they were doing, and it was so beautiful to hear their hearts through their responses. Here's a glimpse at one of the conversations I had today with my little friend while we were walking out to the truck. The beautiful part is, he's only six.

Me: Hey Micah, where is all of this food going?
Micah: Into that truck.
Me: Do you know where that truck is going?
Micah: Yeah, to the Food Pantry.
Me: Ohh, and what's that?
Micah: I don't know for sure, but I know that they need our help, and that's why I got to get groceries today with my brother.

I was totally caught off guard by his response. What a testament of faith and a heart longing to help and serve, coming from a six year old! How beautiful! It's amazing how easy it is for us to get in a mind set where we feel like giving and serving is a burden or something we have to do... when in reality it's more like what Micah said, we get to do it.

What a blessing it is for me to be a part of a Church family that desires to bless it's community.

No comments:

Post a Comment