Tuesday, September 11, 2012

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 An introduction...


Over the next couple of blog entries I'm going to be giving a little bit of insight into what my life has been like and thoughts I've been rolling around in my head regarding one of my personal favorite memory verses: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. 

I encourage you to read along and journey with me in the next coming entries. 

I also encourage you to try and memorize this passage to the best of your ability. It's valuable for life, and I think as you continue to train your mind to it you'll see what I'm talking about. 

Stay tuned in the coming days to see what Part 1 holds for a break down of this verse and my thoughts behind it. Until then, here's a little something to get you started on the meaning behind each of the words and the actual scripture.

Thanks friends. :)


Joy: the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying. 
Prayer: a spiritual communion with God or an object of worship, as in adoration, confession, thanksgiving and supplication.
Thankfulness: feeling or expressing gratitude, appreciative.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 -  "Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 

Props to dictionary.com for helping me out with those definitions - and kudos to "the Trio" Paul, Silas & Timothy, good job communicating God's will to us, guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment