Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Path.

I have never explored BG's bike trail til the other day. It's a trail that goes from Bowling Green to Rudolph, and maybe even past Rudolph actually. This time of year it's so beautiful! The colors of fall fill the entire scene, just breathtaking! Mmm, I love it! I think I might go back tomorrow.

So, in this journey called life... I made a big daring move and scheduled an appointment to take the GRE test. Well, there's that. $200 for the test, $50 for BGSU's application, $65 for OSU's application... combine all that, and we just exceeded more than 25% of my one month's take home pay. Haha! Oh Grad School, you better be the best Earthly decision I've made in this lifetime.

Are we ever sure in life what our path actually is? I'm mean honestly, in reflection of my own life I feel like I have been SOOO sure of SOOO many different things or paths in my life, and in reality I couldn't have been more wrong. When I was seven, I wanted to be dentist. Not sure what or who put that twisted thought in my childhood mind, but I was dead set on doing just that. Went to college to become a teacher, and boy was that a bad idea. I learned quickly that I would have been an awful teacher, lesson plans = BOOOO! Sophomore year of college, I went on part time staff with Young Life, and by the time I was a senior I was positive, 200% positive that I was going to be on full time staff for Young Life. Again, that path I was so sure of, SOOO sure of was terribly wrong for me.

God has such a surreal plan for me, I know and trust He does. He has me in the palm of His hand. I have learned that I will never really know what my path is in this life, but as long as I remain to walk in the Light He's provided me with, my path will be there. Maybe not always clear, but it will be there. Today, that is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment